The premiere of the MKX at one time was accompanied by a lots of technical errors. NetherRealm Studios was much better prepared for the release of Mortal Kombat 11. It was helped by the Polish QLOC team, who dealt with Injustice 2. Nevertheless, it was not possible to completely avoid problems. Solutions for some of them are given in this article.
Unfortunately, MK 11 does not accept Cyrillic characters. If they are specified in the path for the game, then the fighting simply will not start. To remove the black boot screen, you will have to create a new account — in Latin.
In Windows 10, the sequence of actions is as follows:
● select the “Accounts” section in the “Settings”;
● next — click on the option “Family and other users” and then “Add a new user for this PC”;
● in the registration windows, indicate that you do not have a Microsoft email and account;
● next — return to the list of accounts and set the new administrator rights;
● reboot, log in under the second profile, run Steam and fight in MK 11.
Many users complain about anti-aliasing, which makes the image blurred as if it is subjected to “downgrade” (in particular, hairstyles and beards of characters are affected). The following options are available in the MK 11: FXAA, TAA or FXAA + TAA. Instal FXAA and the problem will disappear.
The author of the PC Gamer magazine writes that the activation of anti-aliasing did not lead to errors with the Intel Core i7–6700K, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 and 16 GB of RAM. By the way, this configuration is quite capable of 60 fps in resolutions even higher than Full HD. True, you will not see 60 fps everywhere. In the menu, Krypt Mode and when performing cinematic attacks (Fatal Blow, brutality and fatality), the frame frequency is forced to 30 fps.
Before buying, do not forget to look at the system requirements of the fighting. We already mentioned them, but NetherRealm slightly corrected them before release. Have the “minimum”:
● processor: Intel Core i5–750 (AMD Phenom II X4 965 / Ryzen 3 1200);
● graphics adaptor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 / GTX 1050 (AMD Radeon HD 7950 / Radeon R9 270);
● RAM: 8 GB.
These are very modest requirements for today. But the game is built on the Unreal Engine 3 — the old engine, very modified by developers.
Go to the recommended system:
● Core i5–2300 (FX-6300/Ryzen 5 1400);
● GeForce GTX 780/GTX 1060 with 6 Гб (Radeon R9 290/RX 570);
● 8 GB of RAM.
That’s also okay. It seems as if even the budget GTX 1650 will cope with the MK 11 at “maximums”.
Third-party programs and PC “cleaning”
Funny, but the eleventh “mortal” is incompatible with a number of applications — for example, the popular SteelSeries Engine and MSI Afterburner. Disable them before running the game.
In addition, it would be useful to install some useful programs that will decrease load on the computer:
● CCleaner will remove all sorts of “garbage”;
● DriverPack Online will find updates for drivers and after your approval will download and install them;
● WinOptimizer will close unnecessary background processes.
Do not forget to turn off overlays (in the same Steam) and switch to “High Performance” in the power settings.
However, the PC cleaning up, drivers downloading and CPU and GPU overclocking is not necessary if you use Playkey.net. The main benefit of the cloud gaming lies in the fact that productive computer is not required. It can be even an office laptop — the MK 11 will perfectly operate on it, in Full HD and with comfortable graphics settings.
Technical gaps of the MK 11 during the launching made gamers to leave a lot of negative feedbacks. Do not pay attention to them. Fighting is really good: stable 60 fps in battles, built-in benchmark, thoughtful training and a quick search for opponents in multiplayer. What about you, will you join?